Friday, April 17, 2015

Introducing Me

Do you ever feel like you are going to explode because of the thoughts flying through your head? Do you ever feel like your chest is constricting and you’re not sure if you will be able to take another breath because you are so overwhelmed with feelings and emotions. Have you ever felt like the world was moving faster than you and you were doing everything in your power just to keep up with it?

These are things that I constantly struggle with. One thing that helps me when I am feeling these feelings is to write down what is coursing through my head.

I am twenty-two years old, so perhaps this entire blog will seem like the ramblings of a silly girl, but I need to do something or I truly might spontaneously combust.

I was told that college is the place where I would discover myself; however, here I am a mere month from graduation and I haven’t the faintest idea who I am. I went to school for math – a subject I have no intention of pursuing, and secondary education – a field I have no intention of going into. I know what I want to do as a career, but beyond that I have little to no knowledge of who I am.

I constantly struggle with trying to open up to people and I think I’ve finally figured out why. How can you share with someone who you are when you don’t know who that is?

I started this blog with the hope of reflecting on my experiences and who I am. So here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment